Tuesday, January 26, 2010

where i left off.

So. I should probably begin by saying something along the lines of… “Well it’s been a while since I’ve posted something but……”---- But in reality, I have had nothing significantly SIGNIFICANT to write about until now.. Before I get into the real reason why I am writing again, I will begin where I left off. The trip to The Great Rann of Kutch was as amazing as I described earlier- no joke—it really was that awesome! After that, there was a new year’s party at Ajay Uncles home; which… as expected was simply amazing! The food, the DRINKS, the décor, (which was already there.. because the both Ajay Uncle and Anju Aunty are both closet Martha Stewarts!) was simply amazing- with a few additional touches from Ajay Uncle (I suspect..) the disco lighting particularly added to the glam the party needed! New Years went off without a hitch, partying with good friends and close family members never felt so good- at least for me… The whole experience was different… New Years typically was another reason why I should drink more than my liver could handle; another reason why I could just get drunk with my friends... Bringing in the new year with Ajay Uncle, Anju Aunty and my family… was everything I expected- but more fulfilling than I ever anticipated...

Chandhu Uncle and Ritu Aunty’s dinner prior to me leaving also was one of those moments.. (you know the kind that you remember.) We arrived as always “fashionably late” which give or take in India is an hour.. Meeting and greetings with family; Uncle, Aunty and Rica (I hope I spelt that right!) who is Chandhu Uncle and Ritu Aunties daughter where amongst the hosts who greeted us. After a brief introduction, we made our way to the bar which lead to a few drinks on the outdoor patio (think garden’s in Babylon here!) Shrimps… I’m sorry PRAWNS fried beautifully with a tempura batter, and a mushroom rolls which resembled sushi was amongst the appetizers that tingled my trained tongue. It wasn’t before long I found myself on the dinner table. The menu of curried lamb, eggplant stuffed with spices which seemed either roasted or pan fried were among the uber delicious food items on the menu that evening. Eating a perfectly prepared rice pudding for dessert (“Kheer” in India) and mum being teased about being a vegetarian followed.. seriously though, who the f--- is still a vegetarian! Goodbyes in India always take forever- so after dinner, there were no surprises. Hugs and kisses- from both Chandhu Uncle and Ritu Aunty were absorbed more than ever before.. This was it, my metaphoric last supper before I saw Ajay Uncle, Anju Aunty, Chandhu Uncle, Ritu Aunty, Vimal Uncle, Pooja Aunty and family for a long time… That plane ride home… was a hard.

"Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget.” -Unknown Author

No comments:

Post a Comment