Friday, November 27, 2009

intro. read. then proceed.


I promised myself I would begin this project a lot sooner than I actually did. I felt as though I didn’t have a topic interesting enough to stimulate, excite, or inspire my readers to the extent I originally had envisioned. I am starting this blog on my travels to India; I am not sure where this experience will take me, what adventures I will share, or exotic flavors I will encounter; whatever the case- you all now have a first class ticket to the unscripted, and unedited version of my life. Enjoy.

Many chef's from around the globe have had a significant impact throughout my culinary education/experiences. From Thomas Keller of The French Laundry in Napa Valley- Daniel Boulud of the Michelin star award winning Daniel Boulud Brasserie, Patricia Yeo who not only is a talent chef but also a knowledgeable author- to Heston Blumenthal of The Fat Duck in Berkshire- Anthony Bourdain, is my primary inspiration for creating a blog- so- for future references if you catch me narrating in the similar narcissistic manner he does- well.. blame it on THE Bourdain. As an author, television personality, chef, journo, whatever the case- he crosses all boundaries. “[He] satisfies your appetite for culture and culinary arts with the hit gastronomic adventure ‘No Reservations’.” All in all Bourdain is just a brilliant mind and man in the culinary world. (when I grow up.. I wanna be just like him! Hahaha.)

"I have exactly the same work ethic. I don`t see writing as anything more important than cooking. In fact, I`m a little queasier on the writing. There`s an element of shame, because it`s so easy. I can`t believe that people give me money for this sh**." -Anthony Bourdain

No comments:

Post a Comment