Saturday, November 28, 2009

another day.

Just another day here, mornings are beautiful- light blue cloudless skies at dawn with wisps of smoke that seemed painted on the skyline from remnant fires Evenings- cool and calm- an occasional honk of a car’s horn or a stray dog barking for mysterious reasons may be some of the sounds you may hear, but as the night sky darkens and the cool Indian breeze wraps around your neck.. I tell you are truly amazing. (Poetic aren’t I?) Afternoons however- HOT! For those who wish to prolong that orange glow with over priced tanning lotion which scent resembles nothing of a tropical fruit- made in the slums of Guatemala… India is the place for you!
Today was a pretty uneventful day- lounged around the house- did that facebook thing, haha- had to check on my crops on FV!! Nonetheless I’ am starting to miss the small things back home. Being able to “phone a friend” because the million dollar question was “What are you doing tonight?” actually was an option. I know this is only the preliminary stages of this voyage and there will be a lot of experiences that will give me stories to tell for years- but for the time being, this down time is beginning to get a little monotonous.

Above and to the left are a few pictures I took from today’s lunch FEAST! For all you foodies out there, it was (as always, delicious!) Roti, a few different vegetables, that crisp tomato salad I mentioned in an earlier entry, amongst other incredible traditional Gujarati dishes. When a meal and the venue it is consumed are as complete as the ones we have been having here, things just seem to fit. My aunts laughing in the background- my cousin and I poking fun at whatever we can- my father trying to stay indifferent at the all the ridicule only wanting to burst out in laughter.. all together create a symphony even Johann Sebastian Bach could not refute.

"...The perfect meal, or the best meals, occur in a context that frequently has very little to do with the food itself..." -Anthony Bourdain

No comments:

Post a Comment